Friday, July 5, 2013

Patriotism

I hope all of you had an absolutely lovely Fourth of July! I was lucky enough to celebrate with some friends from my childhood- some who I hadn't even seen since 7th grade creative writing class... talk about a blast from the past. 

The 4th is such a fun day to dress for. I mean, you have your set colors, but that's the only rule. I love seeing how people express themselves. My friend Allie made her shorts, and I have to say... I'm obsessed. 




We spent most of the night lighting things on fire and sipping on tasty drinks tucked in koozies, and the freedom of being able to shoot fireworks in the sky and talk about whatever we want into the late hours of the night doesn't escape me. Of course I take it for granted, but I try to recognize how lucky I am.

Happy day after, folks. What did y'all do on your holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment